Thursday 15 April 2010

this is why i love my mum.

my mother is amazing.
i know almost everyone is going to say this,
and sure, i'm obviously a tad bias,
but honestly, my mum is one of the best.

she gave me one of the best pieces of advice today.
even though all my lovely friends have been amazing,
and given me amazing 'motivation speeches' and 'moving on quotes',
my mum out beat them all.

we were shopping in topshop today-as you do,
and she turned to me and said,
'lucy, just have a good old bitch about her,
get her out of your system and then sort out the situation,
and tell him that she's on a wind-up as this isn't the first time'.
and although sure,
this could get me into some slight trouble,
and it may not be the best thing to do,
it was the way she said it,
like it would cure me of everything i've felt in the last couple of days.

so yes,
i proceeded to do just that,
in topshop,
to my mum.
and i felt better after,
and of course she then gave me some decent advice,
pretty much the same that i'd been getting all week.
but it was just in that one moment,
when she clearly thought 'fuck it, i'll tell her what everyone else hasn't'.
and you know what?
i wish i'd been told to do it earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment